Jump to navigation
Tips For New Home Construction
- Orient your house on the east-west axis to minimize hot summer west exposure.
- Ask your builder to only clear vegetation around the area needed for your house.
- Mark plants and areas that you want preserved.
- Salvage existing plants to reuse after construction.
- Ask your builder to not bury construction wastes on site.
- Locate the hot water heater closest to the most frequently used bathroom.
- Insulate hot water heater and pipes and wrap the house foundation
- Install a recirculation hot water system.
- Ask your plumber to design the plumbing for optional gray water use.